The Best Books I Read in 2020
The best books I read weren’t reviewed in the ‘Times’ or on hold at the library or stacked in a TBR pile. They were in my inbox.
snap your fingers
what comes after
I’m showing up for the practice. I’m showing up for us.
’re interested in reading some of the work generated in Megan Stielstra’s 12-Month Memoir Generator, find excerpts from some of the graduates below:
•Erin BranningWanting: A Memoir of Marriage, Patriarchy, and Privilege
• Harmony Cox, excerpt from Nothing is Ever Over
• Amy Estes, excerpt from Let the Love Surprise You
• Jessica Gilkison, excerpt from Even & Especially
• Kristin Gourlay, excerpt from The Geographic
• Ashley Perez, excerpt from The In-Between
• Eva Recinos, excerpt from Underneath the Palm Trees
• Marisa Russello, excerpt from Everything You Can’t Control
• Nancy Wu, excerpt from Notes on America
Megan Stielstra is the author of Everyone Remain Calm, Once I Was Cool, and The Wrong Way to Save Your Life, winner of the 2017 Book of the Year in Nonfiction from the Chicago Review of Books. Her work appears in Best American Essays, New York Times, Poets & Writers, The Believer, Tin House, and elsewhere. A longtime company member with 2nd Story, she has told stories for NPR, Museum of Contemporary Art, and theatres, festivals, and classrooms across the country. She teaches creative nonfiction at Northwestern University and is a Senior Media Fellow with the Annenberg Innovation Lab at USC.
Enter your email address to receive notifications for author Megan Stielstra
Confirmation link sent to your email to add you to notification list for author Megan Stielstra