More in this series
Fire Jobs Friday!
Opportunities at Macmillan, HarperCollins, Tin House, The Huffington Post, and more
1. Brooklyn Magazine is on the hunt for an editorial assistant. No jerks allowed.
2. Do you like editing features and essays? BuzzFeed India is looking for someone like you. Applicants must have at least three yearsexperience.
3. A new travel site for WOC is seeking an editor. Compensation and an opportunity to work across different forms of media. Email: [email protected] for more info.
4. Bridget Smith of Dunham Literary, Inc. is looking for a part-time assistant. Please send in the body of an email a cover letter, resume, and last five books you’ve read to Bridget Smith at [email protected] by Wednesday 05/18.
5. If youre into event coordinating, this opportunity might be up your alley: MacMillan is looking for an Assistant Manager for Author Events.
6. Glitterati Incorporated, a boutique art and illustrated book publishing company, is looking for a Fall Marketing & Publicity intern. Send cover letter, resume and three references to Ms. Gayatri Mullapudi, Associate Publicity Director: [email protected]
7. Citizens of the world, The Huffington Post has an open position for a Senior World Editor.
8. William Morrow, an imprint of HarperCollins, is seeking an Assistant Publicist who can work on books of many genres, such as but not limited to, mysteries, thrillers, cookbooks, lifestyle, nonfiction, and women's fiction.
9. Sci-fi devotees! HarperCollins is also searching for an Assistant Editor to work on science fiction, fantasy, and mysteries/thrillers.
10. For all the bibliophiliac Portlanders out there, Tin House is looking for a Publicity Manager.
Morgan Jerkins is a writer and Associate Editor at Catapult.co. Her work has been featured in The New Yorker, The New York Times, Elle, Rolling Stone, and BuzzFeed, among many others. Her debut essay collection, This Will Be My Undoing, is forthcoming in 2018 from Harper Perennial.
Enter your email address to receive notifications for author Morgan Jerkins
Confirmation link sent to your email to add you to notification list for author Morgan Jerkins
More by this author
What to Do About the Vagina
“When writing about my labiaplasty, I had to remain present and expose every bloody detail.”
Crushes, Flings, and Exes: On Writing About the Men Who Don’t Stay
“Women writers throughout history not only accepted transience through amorous affairs, but delighted in them.”
The Bed Wench: On Writing About Your Community
“Fear is the most intimate partner I’ve ever had once I started my writing career.”