Fire Jobs Friday!
Because publishing and media jobs are hard to come by . . .
1. Do you have what it takes to be a part of one of the most prestigious literary journals? Apply to be a fall/winter intern for The Paris Review by May 1st.
2. Everyday Feminism is now offering fellowships! 10-15 hours a week for 6 months. $100 per article. Do it.
3. PEN America is looking for a Free Expression International Partnerships Manager. Now say that five times fast.
4. If you're tired of music only being limited to your headphones, apply to be a Senior Features Editor at Billboard.
5. Are you able to write about and analyze race, ethnicity, AND economics? The Washington Post is looking for someone like you. For more information, check here.
6. The Black Panther phenomenon is in effect, right? Vulture is looking for a sub-Saharan African writer to cover the Black Panther and Captain America. Email [email protected] for more details.
7. Romper, a parenting site by and for millennial women, is looking for an Identities Editor. The job is based in New York, however, there may be some flexibility.
8. Artspace Magazine is looking for a full-time Senior Editor.
9. Aperture Foundation, a not-for-profit foundation for the photo community, is looking for an editorial assistant.
10. Watson Adventures, a scavenger hunt company, is seeking a full-time staff writer and copywriter.
Morgan Jerkins is a writer and Associate Editor at Catapult.co. Her work has been featured in The New Yorker, The New York Times, Elle, Rolling Stone, and BuzzFeed, among many others. Her debut essay collection, This Will Be My Undoing, is forthcoming in 2018 from Harper Perennial.
More by this author
“Women writers throughout history not only accepted transience through amorous affairs, but delighted in them.”