Fire Jobs Friday!
Because publishing and media jobs are hard to come by . . .
1. Do you like Claudia Rankine and Percival Everett? You're in luck! Their publisher, Graywolf Press, is seeking a full-time Editorial Assistant. (FYI: It’s in Minneapolis.)
2. The PEN American Center is looking for a full-time Executive Assistant. Applicants must have at least one year of experience in a similar assistant position.
3. Are you sick of unpaid internships? Tablet has got you covered. The company is in need of a full-time summer editorial intern. Deadline is April 11th.
4. The Seattle Review of Books wants you to hold white men in publishing accountable. Apply to be their Public Diversity Editor.
5. Investigative reporters of color, apply for the Ida B. Wells Fellowship! Deadline is 4/18. The winners will be announced in May.
6. Okayafrica seeks a full-time News Blogger to work in its Brooklyn office. Writers must have at least two years of writing experience. Apply by 4/18.
7. The Huffington Post is looking for a World News Editorial Assistant.
8. The Columbia Journalism Review and the Tow Center of Digital Journalism at Columbia Journalism School seek a Web Editor.
9. Do you live for alt news? Do you also edit? Sacramento News & Review wants a full-time News Editor so that just may be you.
10. The Arkansas Times is seeking a full-time Arts and Entertainment Editor to cover the Little Rock scene and elsewhere throughout the state.
Morgan Jerkins is a writer and Associate Editor at Catapult.co. Her work has been featured in The New Yorker, The New York Times, Elle, Rolling Stone, and BuzzFeed, among many others. Her debut essay collection, This Will Be My Undoing, is forthcoming in 2018 from Harper Perennial.
More by this author
“Women writers throughout history not only accepted transience through amorous affairs, but delighted in them.”